Continuing the design and interiors theme – North West Hospitality Magazine are launching in the October issue a new Design Magazine aimed specifically for the hospitality sector.
Distributed inside North West Hospitality magazine and available at the Lakes Hospitality Show and Exhibition 365 centre the new magazine will feature the latest products and design tips for the modern hospitality business.
Expertly edited by Nicola Rudge of Matthesen Rudge, the new magazine will cover everything you need to know about managing a new project or opening – expert contributions will be coming in from architects, designers and project managers.
£12 Million pounds was spent in Cumbria last year alone of refurbishments and improvements to hospitality businesses – design is a fundamental part of a successful hospitality business. We now are the only dedicated design magazine in the North West of England.
Quick Facts on the value of design in Hospitality
• The Design Council’s Added Value Research 2007 shows that companies that use design to add value to their products and service see a higher return on several measures – profitability, turnover, market share, and competitiveness- than those who do not.
• 83% of companies in which design is integral have seen their market share increase in the last three years, compared to the UK average of 46%
• A business that increases its investment in design is more than twice as likely to see its turnover grow as a business that does not do so.
• Every £100 a design-led business spends on design increases turnover by £225
• Around 60% of businesses that don’t use design compete mainly on the basis of price. This is true of only 40% of businesses that use design in an integral way.