From five star hotels to country pubs, catering colleges to restaurants, hospitality industry workers across the country will be showing their commitment to the fantastic industry they work in by taking part in Hospitality Action’s annual fundraising week from 14-20 May. With HA Week fast approaching, the ideas are coming in for different ways to raise money. The great thing about HA Week is it’s simple, flexible and most importantly – fun! So whether you think you can raise £5 or £5,000, your contribution will make an enormous difference to those in need. Here are just a few suggestions to get you started:
• Restaurateurs: Have you thought about auctioning off your chef’s skills for a night to give customers the opportunity to host the ultimate dinner party?
• Contract caterers: Has all that hard work left you in need of a holiday? Big Prize Draw tickets are just £1 each for the chance to win an amazing trip to Florida, as well as other fantastic prizes.
• Publicans: Why not host a quiz night or fancy dress party (or both!)
• Hotels: Have you considered taking part in our ‘At your discretion’ restaurant appeal or donating a percentage of any spa treatment, meal or room service charge to HA Week?
• Bargain Hunters: Get those fingers ready to click from May 14 as the Hospitality Action Week online auction goes live. Prizes include an overnight stay at the five star Penny Hill Park in Surrey and a tasting menu for two at the Michelin star Sienna Dorset.
A number of businesses and colleges have already pledged their support, including: Red Carnation Hotels, Park Plaza Hotels, Unilever Food Solutions, The Cavendish, Bunzl, York College, Nottingham College and The London Linen Group, to name just a few. To view some of the messages of support we have received please click on the HA Week video:
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join in the fun! Click on the link below to register your interest and to receive your free fundraising pack: www.hospitalityaction.org.uk/haweek
Looking for a quick and easy way to show your support? Simply text 70070 with the code HAWK12 £5, to donate £5 to HA Week.